Join us at our 22nd Annual Lake Links Workshop and first in-person workshop since Covid-19 began, “Hooked on Habitat: Sustainable Fisheries for the Future”, on Saturday, October 21st, 2023 from 10:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. at the Perth Civitan Club (6787 Lanark County Rd 43, Perth, ON). Registration for this event $25 (includes lunch) and is at watersheds.ca/lake-links
At this year’s workshop, we will learn about Ontario’s fisheries, the threats they face, and solutions for their recovery and protection. The presentations will be:
- Dr. Steven J. Cooke – Carleton University – “In Search of Sustainable and Responsible Recreational Fisheries”
- Robert McGowan – Ontario Federation of Anglers and Hunters – “Aquatic Invasive Species Threatening Eastern Ontario Fisheries”
- Joffre Côté – Ministry of Natural Resources and Forestry – “From Science to Regs – How science is shaping fishing regulations and addressing fisheries concerns”
- Michael Peterson – Rideau Lake Environmental Foundation
- Margie Manthey – Get the Lead Out Program
- Melissa Dakers – Watersheds Canada – Fish Habitat Restoration Program
- Amanda Lange (Rideau Valley Conservation Authority), Holly Evans (Cataraqui Conservation), and Kelly Stiles (Mississippi Valley Conservation Authority) – Fish and Habitat Improvement Projects
The 6th recipient of the Gord Rodgers Memorial Award will be announced and honoured.
Please remember to bring a non-perishable item to support the local food bank. Participants are invited to bring in their lead tackle, lead shot, lead decoy weights, or lead anchors to be collected by the Get the Lead Out Program.
Organization and monetary support of this event has been shared by a number of regional partner groups over the past year including Cataraqui Conservation, Friends of the Tay Watershed, Lake Networking Group, Mississippi Valley Conservation, Rideau Valley Conservation Authority, Watersheds Canada and the Federation of Ontario Cottagers’ Associations (FOCA).
Environmental Planner & Biologist
Rideau Valley Conservation Authority
3889 Rideau Valley Drive Box 599
(613) 692-3571 ext. 1176